This grand period building in Belgrave place SW1X 8BS, right in the heart of Belgravia, was in need of a full external refurbishment and redecoration due to many years of neglect.
This project had many components as it was a full external refurbishment that covered a number of different aspects, including masonry, woodwork and metalwork. And, because of its prime location, it had to be carried out in full compliance with the Grosvenor Estate’s specifications.
We welcome enquiries for painting and decorating projects in Belgravia, please call us on 020 8289 6944, or email on .
The painting and decorating
Masonry repair and redecoration
- All masonry elements including exterior walls, ornamental cornices, mouldings, window surrounds, and balustrades were repaired and redecorated.
- Exposed masonry, brickwork, downpipes and woodwork were jet washed, the gutters were unblocked, and any previously painted areas were washed down and prepared for painting.
- Blistered and cracked masonry was scraped back, filled, sanded, primed and prepared for painting.
- Any blown render was taken back and re-rendered with exterior non-shrink render.
- Cracks within the masonry were raked out to a channel of 400mm. These channels were then cleaned and injected with epoxy resin grout.
- All the masonry was sanded smooth and three coats of masonry paint were applied.
- All damaged and rotten window frames, surrounds and sills were fully restored.
- All woodwork was filled, re-puttied, and sanded smooth to prepare it for painting.
- The freshly prepared woodwork was then undercoated and glossed.
- All the existing paint was burnt away from the exterior railings, restoring them back to their original bare metal.
- The railings were then repainted using two coats of primer and then two coats of black finish.
We visited the site on a number of occasions to assess the project and discuss the work that was required. The project required a full external refurbishment and redecoration, so we liaised closely with the client’s representatives, discussing how long the work would take and outlining the steps that would be taken to restore the property’s masonry, woodwork, and metalwork.
The location of the property meant that all the work that we carried out had to be fully compliant with the Grosvenor Estate’s specifications. As this type of specialist work is one of our areas of expertise, the project team understood exactly how they had to complete their work and they did so without causing disruption to the client. As a result, the property has been refurbished to the highest standard and is now in keeping with its prestigious surroundings.
“This was a complex and major refurbishment project that had to be carried out within the strict guidelines of the Grosvenor Estate’s regulations. Phil and his team carried out the work to the highest standard and worked diligently with the demanding client. We are very pleased with the overall result that Pimlico Painters & Decorators achieved”
Contact Pimlico Painters and Decorators to ask us any questions you have about our projects. Get the conversation started – call 020 8289 6944 or email .